B/G Head Coach Rob Grove
Attention Runners and Parents:
It is my goal as your coach to provide you with the tools necessary to become a successful runner and student at North High School. In doing so, I would like for you to take the following in consideration:
- Maintain above average grades in the class room. “Students first, athletes second.”
- Running is a lifestyle and takes commitment and dedication to achieve team and individual goals.
- If you want to achieve those goals, summer running is very important and is STRONGLY encouraged!
- XC runners are made in the summer, not the fall!
- All Student Athletes must be registered on Final Forms https://willoughbyeastlake-oh.finalforms.com/
- Summer running begins Monday June 11, 8:30 @ Chagrin Park and meets every Mon, Wed, Fri.
- July 17-21: XC Camp (Flyer Below)
- All Students must have a current physical on file for mandatory practice on Aug 1.
- First day of Mandatory practice, Wed Aug 1, 8:30 am at North HS
- Thursday Aug 2nd, 6pm: Team Night at Second Sole in Mentor for Shoe Discounts and Pizza
Items Needed for XC:
- Good pair of running shoes
- Athletic wrist watch with stop watch mode
- Water bottle
- XC spikes for meets-Not Mandatory but highly recommended
- Good and positive attitude