July contact days: 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 22, 24, 29, 30, 31 (9:30am-11:30am)
August 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9 – 9:30am-11:30am Tryouts and team assignments during the first 2-3 days.
Dear North parents and players:
Welcome to the 2019 season! Our major goal and ongoing theme this year is to continue to raise the level of expectations for the girls’ soccer program.
- Expectations of players.- We highly encourage players to train and play with local clubs in order to raise their level of play which in turn will raise the level of the North High School Girls’ soccer program. WE ARE LOOKING FOR TECHNICAL PLAYERS WITH A HIGH WORK RATE. Effort is something every player can control.
- Playing club soccer does not guarantee you will make varsity.
- Playing for any club is highly encouraged.
- Player Evaluations.
- Last year’s varsity players may not make the varsity this year
- **Cuts may or may not happen. It depends on the number of players at tryouts.
- Initial intent is to take 16 field players on varsity
- Captains will be voted on by their teammates
- Expectations to be at every practice and game- Jobs, concerts, driver’s education, etc. cannot come first. Family events are acceptable. Unexcused absences will result in some form of “reminder” such as essays, laps, reduction in playing time, or possible removal from the team.
- Actions that appear to be detrimental to the team, also may result in the above mentioned consequences.
To add the calendar to your iphone: (Droid phones may need to have a gmail account first
- Practices– Every player is expected to attend every practice and wear black soccer shorts and solid color soccer socks, as well as the orange shirt that will be provided after tryouts. Please wear your own orange shirt for all of our pre-tryout sessions.
****Bring your own properly inflated ball and water to every practice and game. We do not plan on bringing a water jug out to practices. Players can bring an empty jug to school and fill it up at school before attending practices or games.
- Game Day– Arrive 1 hour before each home game ready to play. Varsity may be expected to arrive earlier to support the JV players.
- JV players are expected to stay at least for the first half of the varsity home games. In addition, 2-4 JV players will be assigned to be ball girls for each game.
- Bus leaving time for away games will be announced at a later date.
- Playing time or other concerns need to come from the player first. If that is unsatisfactory, we can meet with the parent and if needed the athletic director. Please do not contact the coach directly.
- Communication: 440-669-9182 Please only text me for very important notifications such as player illness, running late, etc.
At this time please sign up for Remind:
Text to: 81010 Message: @northgs
**** Rules, procedures, expectations, subject to change if we believe it is for the betterment of the program.
Summer league- we will once again enter the Mayfield summer league. This league is designed to help us get back in the soccer mindset and provide a taste of the high school soccer experience to our incoming freshmen.
Games last just under an hour and include a short half-time break. Games will be played at Progressive soccer fields on SOM Center Rd. and at Mayfield High School stadium (turf) or on the grass field outside the main high school stadium.
Cost is $25 per player, which includes a t-shirt for the uniform. If you have not brought a check to tonight’s meeting, please contact me within the next couple of days to arrange sign up, payment, and shirt size.